Healing anxiety, depression and trauma can become a doorway to opening your heart. Psyche and spirit are inextricably connected.
I am a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC) in British Columbia and along with my regular practice have over 3,000 hours as a peer counselor working with individuals in crisis and with those seeking spiritual maturation. I believe in your inherent ability to heal and am guided by your own sense of timing and focus. My work assisting others is deepened by my own life experience. I’ve healed my own emotional wounds and now find gratification in continuing to grow and help others.
My training started as a young adult learning and teaching peer counselling as a Re-evaluation Co-counselor. In 1989 I began to study depth psychology and object relations theory as it relates to ongoing personal and spiritual maturation, through the Diamond Approach of AH Almaas. I earned my MA in Applied Behavorial Science (1999) at the Leadership Institute of Seattle (LIOS). It was an extraordinary program that demanded growth in my practitioner skills and in me as a person.
I bring over 25 years of extensive training and experience helping clients. To create your optimal container for healing, I offer:
- Spiritual dimensions of psychological healing and growth
- Sex-positive approach
- Gestalt, dream and integrative shadow work (Perls, Jung, Mindell)
- Mindfulness training and breathwork
- Appreciative inquiry and deep listening
- Depth psychology and object relations theory
- Family systems and ancestral support (Bowen, Hellinger)
I have devoted much of my life to study and integration of body-centered, somatic work. These further inform my practice with clients:
- Meditation & Inquiry in the Diamond Approach, with A.H. Almaas
- Hypnosis, with Moshe Feldenkrais
- Awareness Through Movement, with Moshe Feldenkrais
- Body–Mind Centering, with Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen
- Aikido, with Terry Dobson
- Intuition, field work, EFT and muscle testing
- Dream analysis and lucid dreaming
- Traditional and non–traditional Tibetan Buddhism (Mahayana and Dzogchen)